Monday, September 30, 2013

31 Days of Basics for Believers

Back to the Basics.

Whether you have been walking with God for a long time, a new believer or someone thinking about living for God, you need to be sure you know the basics of your beliefs.

During the month of October, we'll examine some of these basics.

I do not consider myself a bible scholar but I am a student of the Word.  I'm passionate about the Word, and I hope to share a little of my passion with you.



I think the first step for any believer is to ... well ... believe!

I submit there is plenty of evidence that God exists.  Just go outdoors and see His handiwork. 

Romans 1:20  English Standard Version (ESV)

For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

Or look in the mirror.  There is no one like you.  You are a marvel!  Only God could create wonderful, complicated, unique YOU! You are so special you have the only set of fingerprints that will ever be exactly like yours.  Your every cell has DNA that can only be traced to you. 


Psalm 139:14  English Standard Version (ESV)

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.

If you still are not convinced, sincerely pray and ask Him.  I believe you can know deep in your spirit that He exists.


Join me for the next 30 days as we examine more basics, won't you?





join 31 days





I'm joining in the 31 Day writing challenge at The Nester's blog. I will be writing under the category of Inspiration and Faith. 

There will be other categories if you are interested:  House and Home; Simplicity and Organizing; Family Life; Writing, Blogging and Internet Stuff; Fashion and Beauty; Health, Wellness and Food; Personal Endeavors; Too Awesome to Categorize.

Whew!  Not only will be writing a lot this month but I will be reading a lot of awesome blogs because these topics are of great interest to me.

Want to be a 31-day blogger, too?  Visit the blog, Nesting Place, to find out the details.
Want more Basics for Believers?  Check back each day for link to that day's post:


2 comments:

  1. Amen! I'll be following along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 139 is one of my all time favorites. And I need to join the challenge. Living in a tiny space with all my family -- and pets -- while we are renovating is wreaking havoc with regular posting. Will enjoy reading yours Jerralea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.